Flames seen shooting from window caused by resident cutting up box spring, officials say
COLUMBUS, Wis. — A fire broke out Thursday morning inside a Columbus home as a resident was cutting up a box spring, officials said.
Emergency crews were sent around 8:20 a.m. to a house fire at 222 S. Spring St. for reports of flames shooting from a second-story window, according to a release.
The fire was extinguished within a matter of minutes, officials said.
The homeowner told crews he had been cutting up a box spring to remove it from the house when the fire started, according to the release. No one was injured.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.