Fitchburg stove fire displaces apartment resident, 2 dogs
FITCHBURG, Wis.– A fire started in an apartment complex on Halite Way early Saturday morning.
According to a report, Fitchburg firefighters arrived at 12:26 a.m and found that the fire was coming from an unattended pan on the stovetop in one of the five apartments.
The resident said they had fallen asleep while warming the pan. None of the building’s occupants were harmed. The resident and two dogs of the affected unit were displaced, residents of the other four units were able to return after ventilation.
While the fire caused an estimated $10,000-$20,000 in damage, the sprinkler system saved up to $1,200,000 in value to the materials in the building.
The Fitchburg Fire Department has issued a reminder to keep smoke detectors and sprinklers up to date.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.