Firework goes off in man’s hand, loses parts of 3 fingers

Firework goes off in man’s hand, loses parts of 3 fingers

A Madison man lost parts of three fingers after a firework went off in his hand, according to a release from Madison police.

Police and firefighters were called at 8:53 p.m. Monday to 2906 Traceway Dr. on a report of a firework going off in a teenager’s hand.

EMS workers told police the man lost parts of three fingers and suffer chest burns.

The man told police he found the firework in the park and lit the fuse.

Police said it was not clear what type of firework he lit.