Firefighters respond to kitchen fire, find automatic sprinkler extinguished fire
MADISON, Wis. — Madison firefighters responded to a kitchen fire Saturday evening after cooking oil caught fire on a stove top.
Firefighters arrived to the 100 block of North Livingston Street at 6:15 p.m. Crews made their way to the fourth floor of an apartment building where they encountered water in the hallway.
According to an incident report, firefighters found that the building’s fire sprinkler system had activated and extinguished the fire. Officials said the water had also made its way to the apartments below.
The two occupants of the apartment told firefighters they were not injured.
According to the report, fire damage was minimal. Four apartment units sustained water damage from the sprinklers.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.