Firefighters contain West Side gas leak
One home evacuated while firefighters contained leak
MADISON, Wis. — One home was evacuated early Wednesday morning on Madison’s West Side following a gas leak.
Firefighters arrived at the home on West Spyglass Court just before 4 a.m. to find flames visible from the ground outside the home.
Madison Gas and Electric was called to shut off the gas main in the area. Firefighters took gas levels on all the homes on Spyglass Court. Initially, there were no significant levels of natural gas. However, about a half hour later, levels rose enough in one home to require evacuation.
MG & E shut off the gas in the area, and resident were let back in their homes later in the morning. MG & E will handle repairs to the gas line.