Fire in two-unit duplex in Janesville caused by bathroom exhaust fan
JANESVILLE, Wis. — A two-unit, side-by-side duplex had smoke coming out of the attic and occupants were evacuating the structure when Janesville Fire Department units arrived to Harvard Drive Wednesday at 3:40 a.m.
According to a release, the unites were dispatched to the area of Harvard Drive and Crosby for smoke coming from a structure. An initial 911 call was received from a passerby.
The release said the fire was taken out quickly and found in the attic and common wall between the units. Both units were damaged and the common attic and roof area also sustained damages. There were no injuries.
The fire started in the area of a bathroom exhaust fan in 2604 Harvard Drive. The Red Cross is helping the occupants of both units. In 2602 Harvard Drive, there were five adults and one child. In 2604 Harvard Drive, there were three adults and one child.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.