Fire in chimney could be to blame for structure fire
Two people are displaced this morning after a fire at their home.
MADISON, WIS. — The Madison Fire Department said a fire in a chimney could be to blame for a house fire late Sunday night.
The department reponded to a report of a fire in the chimney of a house on Acewood Boulevard just before 11 p.m. Sunday. The Madison Fire Department said smoke and flames could be seen coming from the chimney when crews arrived.
The house is expected to be in repair for a while. There is no exact damage estimate just yet.
Two people left the house safely and called 911. Investigators were still at the scene as of 1:30 a.m. Monday.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.