Fire engulfs house in town of Primrose, police say no injuries

Fire engulfs house in town of Primrose, police say no injuries

A fire that started in an attached garage fully engulfed and destroyed a single family home in the town of Primrose Sunday, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff’s Office.

Police and firefighters responded to the 12:41 p.m. call. Mount Horeb Fire Department and EMS responded, along with help from Verona Fire Department, New Glarus Fire Department and Belleville Fire Department.

The suspected cause is charcoals from a grill that were not fully extinguished before disposal, according to the release.

Police said there are no injuries. The initial damage estimate is $375,000, including the home and its contents.