Fire damages Janesville restaurant

No one was injured

A fire damaged a restaurant in Janesville on Saturday night.

The Janesville Fire Department was called to Fazoli’s Restaurant, 2105 Humes Rd., at about 8 p.m. for a fire.

Firefighters saw light smoke showing from the roof.

Upon entering the building, firefighters found light smoke inside. Fire crews laddered the roof and found the fire to be on the exterior of the structure at the roof level.

Firefighters had the fire under control in about 20 minutes, according to a Janesville Fire Department news release.

Fire crews remained at the scene until about 9:30 p.m. and then turned the scene over to restaurant management.

The fire caused an estimated $20,000 damage to the building and $11,000 damage to its contents, according to the news release.

No injuries were reported.