Fire at Montrose hay barn causes $20K in damage, no injuries

Skid Steer Fire

MONTROSE, Wis. — A fire at a Montrose hay barn caused about $20,000 worth of damage Sunday.

Belleville Volunteer Fire Department crews were sent to the barn after a report of a structure fire. The caller later indicated that a skid steer was on fire in the barn.

Officials said a farmer was able to put out the fire before the first engine arrived on the scene. Crews then inspected the barn to make sure the fire did not spread.

No injuries were reported.