Fire at Cowboy Jack’s causes $2.8 million in damage
MADISON, Wis. — The Madison Fire Department estimated a popular restaurant and bar suffered about $2.8 million in damage following a fire last week.
On Wednesday, Madison emergency crews responded to Cowboy Jack’s on John Q. Hammons Drive, off Greenway Boulevard, at about 3:30 a.m. Heavy fire and smoke was coming from the building.
The fire was contained in about an hour, but the building was determined a total loss.
Madison fire officials said there were no injuries and no automatic sprinkler system installed in the building.
The Madison Fire Department, with the help of other agencies, is still determining the cause of the fire.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.