MADISON, Wis. - Bucky Badger is sporting some new threads on the UW-Madison campus, and he looks nice and warm.
UW-Madison librarians knitted a large scarf to put on the Bucky Badger statue, called the "Well Red" statue, in Alumni Park.
The scarf was presented at an event for the Wisconsin Alumni Association, which was meant to welcome students back to campus after winter break. Classes began this week. Students were able to get their picture taken with Bucky in his new scarf.
The "Well Red" Bucky statue can be found on Langdon Street between the Memorial Union and the Red Gym. Alumni Park opened in October 2017, and contains statues and displays like Bucky that honor alumni and symbols associated with the university.
- Man who shot woman on interstate petitions for release from mental institution
- LaFollette High School adds cameras, considering additional police officer following safety concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Sheriff: Person found dead in home after structure fire
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Police collect former head of Democratic Party's DNA in overdose death investigation
- Janesville man admits to setting his own home on fire
- Fire causes $50K in damage, renders home uninhabitable
- Police: Man who eluded officers in police chase at large
- 2 critically injured in rear-end crash near Beloit, officials say