Faulty ceiling light likely caused fire at Madison condo complex, firefighters say

Madison Fire Dept.
Copyright 2019 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MADISON, Wis. — The Madison Fire Department believes a faulty ceiling light likely caused a fire inside a condo building.

According to a release by the Madison Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched to a condominium complex along the 200 block of S. High Point Road around 2 p.m. Friday.

When firefighters arrived, they had trouble find where the smoke was coming from, the release said. The crew eventually found a small fire in a hallway leading to multiple garages.

Firefighters said a fluorescent light on the ceiling had ignited, melted and dropped onto the carpet.  The Madison Fire Department does not except foul play or suspicious activity.

The fire caused damage to the light fixture and carpeting, as well as smoke damage to the in the hallway, the release said.

Nobody was injured or displaced from the building as a result of the fire.

Comments

comments