Father charged in 2-year-old boy’s death to stand trial

Man being held on $1 million bond
Father charged in 2-year-old boy’s death to stand trial
Jesus A. Castillo-Dimas

A Fitchburg man accused of killing his 2-year-old son during a confrontation with his ex-girlfriend will stand trial.

Police said Jesus Castillo-Dimas, 30, ran down a 20-year-old Fitchburg woman and their son with his truck in July.

Thursday’s hearing was meant to determine if there was enough evidence for Castillo-Dimas to stand trial, and the accounts from witnesses convinced the judge that there was enough evidence.

Fitchburg police said the woman was in a long-term relationship with Castillo-Dimas that recently ended. Police said Castillo-Dimas was the father who the child who died in the incident.

A man was with the boy’s mother when the attack happened in the 2100 block of Red Arrow Trail in the Allied Drive neighborhood.

Through a Spanish interpreter, he told the court Castillo-Dimas was a jealous ex-boyfriend, looking for revenge. He said Castillo-Dimas waited for the mother and the boy to be in line with the truck, and then floored the gas.


“And that’s when he went into reverse. Then he waited until the two of them were in front of him, and then he ran them over,” the witness said.

The witness said Castillo-Dimas struck the boy twice.

“The little boy was underneath the truck, and then he put it in reverse and squished him, completely, all of him,” the witness said.

Court documents said Castillo-Dimas then went after the mother with a knife, stabbing her multiple times before he was stopped by the same witness who spoke in court Thursday.

The mother survived her injuries. The witness was also injured during the struggle, but he held Castillo-Dimas down until police arrived. The witness he was treated and released for his injuries.

Castillo-Dimas is charged with four felony counts, including first-degree intentional homicide and attempted first-degree intentional homicide.

No date has been set for his next court appearance.

He remains in the Dane County Jail with a $1 million bond.