Family displaced by electrical fire, officials say

A generic fire truck photo

WATERTOWN, Wis. — A family of three was displaced by an electrical fire early Saturday morning.

Firefighters from the Watertown Fire Department were dispatched to the 900 block of Labaree Street in Watertown after an occupant woke up to the sound of a fire. The first crew to arrive reported the fire was coming from the second floor of the residence. Fire fighters were eventually able to make their way into the home to extinguish the fire.

Officials said the fire caused an estimated $60,000 in damage to the home.

Crews from Ixonia, Lake Mills, Johnson Creek, Waterloo and Clyman all helped at the scene.