Sharon Isbin might be the best classical guitarist in the world and she brought her artistry to Madison over the weekend in three concerts for the Madison Symphony Orchestra.
Her reputation rests on four GRAMMY awards since 2010, some 25 recordings, the latest of which tops the Amazon charts.
Composer Chris Brubeck (Dave is his father) wrote a jazz “Concerto for Guitar and Orchestra” for her, which she plays as part of the MSO concert.
In fact, the concert is billed as “Troubador: Two Faces of the Classical Guitar,” featuring the Brubeck concerto and the Spanish “Concerto de Aranjuez for Guitar and Orchestra.”
So, if you like classical guitar, Madison is the place to be this weekend. Isbin started taking lessons at age 9 when she was growing up in Italy. She is really very good.
- Former Fox News contributor says Rupert Murdoch 'ruined my life'
- 'SNL' has Christmas message from Baldwin's Trump
- 2018 Major League Quidditch Championship to be held in Middleton
- Mario Batali includes recipe with apology for 'past behavior'
- Tina Brown mocks embattled chef Mario Batali
- George Clooney is working on a Watergate series for Netflix