UW Health chef Julie Andrews shares some of her summer salad recipes with Eden Checkol.
Strawberry Rhubarb & Mint Salad
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 5 rhubarb stalks, sliced
- 2 lbs. strawberries, hulled, quartered
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts, toasted
1. Whisk together honey and orange juice. Add rhubarb pieces and allow to marinade until rhubarb has softened. Add strawberries and toss to coat.
2. Garnish with mint and toasted nuts.
Spring Veggie & Burrata Salad
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed, strings removed
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 lb. balls fresh Burrata or fresh mozzarella ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Whisk together olive oil, fresh lemon juice, honey and a dash of salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
2. Add peas, green beans, carrots, arugula, basil and mint in the bowl and toss with the dressing.
3. Tear open balls of burrata and arrange on a platter. Top with salad and garnish with pistachios.
New Potato Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ lbs. New potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey
- Coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
1. Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil. Cook the potatoes until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
3. Toss potatoes, parsley, scallions, boiled eggs and dressing together in a bowl. Serve.
- Bethenny Frankel leaving 'Real Housewives of New York'
- Country singer Drake White reveals debilitating brain disorder
- Trump's latest fight with Squad is in song on 'The Simpsons'
- Kim Kardashian shares first photo with all 4 kids
- Daniella and Quentin Tarantino are expecting their first child
- 'Bombshell' trailer hints at Fox News drama