(CNN) - James Corden had a good reason for missing Tuesday night's episode of "The Late Late Show."
The talk-show host was with his wife, Julia Carey, as she gave birth to their third child, a girl.
"Today we welcomed a beautiful baby daughter into the world," Corden tweeted. "Both she and her mother are doing great."
He thanked singer Harry Styles, who agreed to fill in as host with only a few hours' notice.
Corden and Carey, who married in 2012, are already the parents of son Max, 6, and daughter Carey, 3.
- Jennifer Lawrence reminds everyone she can wear what she pleases
- NBC's Winter Olympics ratings down but not exactly on thin ice
- Opening this week: Game Night
- Alex Trebek will moderate Pennsylvania gubernatorial debate
- Bill Gates flunks Ellen's grocery shopping challenge
- CBS programs to promotes 'female empowerment,' professional growth