MADISON, Wis. - Middleton has been chosen as the site for the 2018 Major League Quidditch Championship, according to a release.
The MLQ championship is the league’s season-ending event. The top 12 teams compete for the Benepe Cup Aug. 18 -19 at Firefighters Memorial Park in Middleton, officials said.
“Quidditch players discovered the magic of the Greater Madison area with the U.S. Quidditch regionals for amateur participants in November. Now the pro players are coming, and we know that local residents will get a thrill out of the skill and wizardry these players will bring," Jamie Patrick, vice president of the Madison Area Sports Commission, said in the release.. "We worked with our partners in Middleton to secure this opportunity in a very competitive process. We are thankful that Major League Quidditch will provide Middleton and Madison a weekend of fun for Muggles of all ages.”
The MLQ season runs from June to August and has 16 teams in major cities across the United States and Canada.
- Celine Dion cancels Vegas shows due to ear issues
- 'The X-Files' finale marks likely end to long search for truth
- Fred Savage accused of on-set harassment and battery
- Run-D.M.C., Fleetwood Mac latest Library of Congress recording preservations
- Meghan Markle in wax: Madame Tussauds looks to cash in
- Jimmy Fallon joins growing list of celebrities who are supporting March for Our Lives