MADISON, Wis. - Middleton has been chosen as the site for the 2018 Major League Quidditch Championship, according to a release.
The MLQ championship is the league’s season-ending event. The top 12 teams compete for the Benepe Cup Aug. 18 -19 at Firefighters Memorial Park in Middleton, officials said.
“Quidditch players discovered the magic of the Greater Madison area with the U.S. Quidditch regionals for amateur participants in November. Now the pro players are coming, and we know that local residents will get a thrill out of the skill and wizardry these players will bring," Jamie Patrick, vice president of the Madison Area Sports Commission, said in the release.. "We worked with our partners in Middleton to secure this opportunity in a very competitive process. We are thankful that Major League Quidditch will provide Middleton and Madison a weekend of fun for Muggles of all ages.”
The MLQ season runs from June to August and has 16 teams in major cities across the United States and Canada.
- Jane Fonda had cancerous growth removed from her lip
- Actor pledges salary from Woody Allen film to charity after interview
- Ann Curry will be on CBS for interview about #MeToo, Matt Lauer
- Celebrity Pakistani women add voices to #MeToo movement
- Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan's death 'not suspicious,' say police
- NAACP Awards 2018: The winners list