Dryer fire caused by throw rug displaces 1 resident, officials say
MADISON, Wis. — A throw rug inside a dryer caused a fire Friday afternoon that displaced one resident, officials said.
Crews were called around 2:30 p.m. to an apartment complex in the 1900 block of Northport Drive for reports of a fire inside a dryer, according to a release.
Crews found heavy smoke in the basement and it was spreading to the first floor, officials said.
After the fire was put out, firefighters disconnected the dryer and found a throw rug with rubber backing inside the dryer, according to the release. The fire damaged plastic components inside the appliance.
One resident was displaced until smoke damage could be cleaned up, officials said.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.