Dane Co. to spend more than $570K on air purification, filtration units at county-owned buildings
MADISON, Wis. — Dane County plans to invest more than $570,000 to upgrade ventilation systems in county-owned buildings in an attempt to better limit the spread of COVID-19.
The investment, which Dane County Executive Joe Parisi announced Tuesday, will bring ultraviolet air purification and air filtration units to 20 county-owned facilities.
“Dane County is committed to combatting the spread of COVID-19 in our community,” said Dane County Executive Joe Parisi. “Installing air purification and air filtration units on our ventilation systems at county-owned facilities will help us improve the overall health and safety of our indoor spaces.”
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, air purifiers, when used properly can help reduce airborne contaminants like viruses. When paired with other mitigation strategies recommended by the CDC, air cleaning can serve an important role in limiting the disease’s spread indoors.
Parisi said the project will be funded with money the county got from the American Rescue Plan Act. Dane County was allocated more than $106 million in local aid when the relief plan was passed.
The following buildings will have purification and filtration units installed as part of the project:
- Badger Prairie Health Care Center
- Badger Prairie Needs Network Building
- City-County Building
- Public Safety Building
- Dane County Courthouse
- Consolidated Food Service Building
- Dane County Medical Examiner Building
- East District Highway Garage
- Buildings at the Dane County Landfill
- Tellurian Detox Building
- Juvenile Detention Center
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
- Lyman F. Anderson Agriculture & Conservation Center (Fen Oak)
- Dane County Clean Sweep Building
- Blooming Grove Buildings (Emergency Management and Library Service)
- Sheriff’s Office Training Center
- Springfield Highway Garage
- Buildings at the Henry Vilas Zoo
- Fish Hatchery Highway Building and the South Madison Office
- Parks Maintenance Building
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.