Crews respond to report of dryer fire on Madison’s south side
MADISON, Wis. — Crews responded Monday morning to a report of an appliance fire on Madison’s south side, a Dane County communications dispatcher said.
According to a report from the Madison Fire Department, a call came in at 9 a.m. reporting a dryer on fire in the 1900 block of Seminole Highway. When crews arrived, they saw a light brown smoke coming from a roof vent.
Firefighters entered the home to find a fire in the laundry room. The fire was quickly extinguished with water and a fire extinguisher.
No one was injured in the fire.
While the fire was contained to the laundry room, the family was displaced due to smoke dissipation throughout the home. The American Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.