Condo fire on Forest Street leaves two displaced

A fire in a Forest Street condominium caused roughly $150,000 in damage and left two residents displaced Friday, according to a Madison Fire Department release.

The building manager rescued a cat that was scratching at the door to get out before calling the fire department, officials said. 

Firefighters put out the fire quickly and determined the blaze started in the living room of the unit, according to the release. 

The two residents were not home at the time of the fire and nobody was injured, though a second cat is unaccounted for, officials said.