Classes canceled at John Muir Elementary in Portage following gas leak
PORTAGE, Wis. — School is canceled Tuesday for students at John Muir Elementary in Portage after a gas leak is found near the building overnight.
The Portage Community School district says the leak was detected at about midnight after someone smelled natural gas. The Portage Fire Department found the leak and school administrators decided to cancel class for the day.
School officials are contacting staff and students about the gas leak and cancellation. Staff is being asked to report to the Administration Building.
School will go on as planned at all other schools in the Portage school district.
Stay with News 3 and Channel3000.com for updates on this developing story.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.