Chimney fire near Sun Prairie causes $50K in damage, deputies say
TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. — A chimney fire damaged a house near Sun Prairie Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies, along with the Sun Prairie and Cottage Grove fire departments, responded to the 3000 block of Burke Road in the town of Sun Prairie at 4:23 p.m. on reports of a house fire, according to the news release.
Officials said they determined the fire originated inside a chimney from a wood-burning stove in the basement. The homeowner and several guests were able to safely exit the home, and no one was injured, the release said.
The fire, which did not appear to be suspicious, caused an estimated $50,000 in damage, deputies said.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.