Census Bureau reaches 65% of recruiting applicant goal, still needs over 18,000 Wisconsin census-taker applications
MADISON, Wis. — The United States Census Bureau said it reached nearly 65% of its recruiting applicant goal in Wisconsin, though it still needs over 18,000 people to apply for census taker positions throughout the state.
Census takers will be hired to work in their own communities in order to go door-to-door to collect responses from those who do not respond online, over the phone or through the mail.
The following list includes upcoming recruiting events in and around the Madison area.
- Feb. 17 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Hazel Green Fire Department, 1610 Fairplay in Hazel Green
- Feb. 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Mid-State Technical College, Marshfield Campus 2600 W 5th St in Marshfield
- Feb. 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Mid-State Technical College, Wisconsin Rapids Campus, 500 32nd St. N. in Wisconsin Rapids
- Feb. 19 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Goodman South Library, 2222 St. Park St. in Madison
- Feb. 19 from 10 a.m. to noon: Waunakee Neighborhood Connection, 208 S. Century Ave. in Waunakee
- Feb. 20 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Oregon Chamber of Commerce, 117 Spring St. in Oregon
- Feb. 20 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Oregon Library 256 Brook St. in Oregon
- Feb. 22 from noon to 3:30 p.m.: Black Women’s Wellness Women Wear Red Event, Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 2019 Fisher St. in Madison
- Feb. 22 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Women’s Wellness Day, 1700 Klatt Rd in New London
- Feb. 26 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Sequoya Library, 4340 Tokay Blvd. in Madison
- Feb. 27 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Oregon Library, 256 Brook St. in Oregon
Those interested in learning more about these positions can go here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.