Cardboard box on grill starts fire on Madison’s east side
MADISON, Wis. — A fire on Madison’s east side was started after a cardboard box was placed on top of a hot grill, officials said.
Crews were sent to the 700 block of Fair Oaks Avenue just after 5:40 p.m. Friday after smoke was seen coming from a garage.
Firefighters worked their way inside and were able put out the flames. Officials said that some smoldering materials were found in the garage attic.
The homeowner reported that he had used a grill to make dinner and later put a box on top of it. The homeowner believed the grill was off and had cooled down. No injuries were reported during the incident.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.