Carbon monoxide alarm alerts east side resident to furnace malfunction
MADISON, Wis. — A carbon monoxide alarm alerted an east side resident to a problem in their furnace Tuesday night.
According to an incident report from the Madison Fire Department, a resident on Inwood Way looked at the carbon monoxide alarm and found a reading of 224 parts per million.
Officials said the resident unplugged it and hit the reset button before plugging it back in, still finding elevated carbon monoxide levels of 43 ppm.
Firefighters confirmed the presence of carbon monoxide.
The report said MG&E determined the furnace needed repairs and would have to be shut down.
Officials said the resident had another place to stay for the night until the furnace can be replaced.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.