Brewers prepare to welcome fans back for first time in more than a year
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Brewers haven’t had fans inside their home stadium for a game since September 22nd, 2019.
A lot has changed in that time, including the name of the stadium — now American Family Field after 20 years of being Miller Park. But as the Brewers get ready to welcome fans back again in limited numbers to start the new season, there are a few more changes to the gameday experience:
- No tailgating is going to be allowed in the parking lot to start the year as part of the team’s coronavirus safety protocols.
- Cash will not be accepted anywhere in the park.
- Masks will be required at all times inside the stadium except when actively eating or drinking.
- Food and drinks can only be consumed while inside your seating pod.
- No bags or purses are allowed. The only bags allowed are wristlets or clutches that are 9″ x 5″ x 2″ or smaller, ADA/medical bags and diaper bags.
As part of the effort to reduce points of contact with other groups of people and reduce lines, fans will also be able to order food and drinks through an app on their phone and pick it up at the concession stands. The free MLB Ballpark app can be found here on the team’s website.
Crowds at American Family Field will be limited to 25% capacity to start the year, and the ballpark’s mask requirement will remain in place even after Wednesday’s ruling that struck down the statewide mask mandate, since local health departments and businesses are still allowed to put their own mandates into place.
Other changes inside the park include the return of Bernie Brewer’s chalet in left field, the “Miller Lite Landing” viewing area in left-center field, a new bar in the right field concourse area, and new LED lights to improve lighting for night games while using less energy.
Follow News 3 Now all day for coverage of Opening Day, starting with News 3 Now This Morning. First pitch against the Minnesota Twins is scheduled for 1:10 p.m.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.