Bird nest starts porch fire

Smoke detector wakes homeowner
Bird nest starts porch fire

A bird nest built on top of a porch light caused a fire in the town of Berry Wednesday night, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff’s Office.

Firefighters from Cross Plains and Black Earth were called to 5497 Schuman Rd. at 11:28 p.m. for a report of a fire in a porch.

A smoke detector woke the homeowner.

Firefighters said the fire was caused by a bird nest on top of a front porch light that was ignited by the heat generated by the fixture.

The fire was quickly extinguished. Damage estimates are not yet available.

26565478

Comments

comments