Beloit teen charged in Labor Day weekend homicide held on $50K cash bond

gavel
Jason Morrison/FreeImages.com

JANESVILLE, Wis. — The 15-year-old charged with killing another teen in Beloit over Labor Day weekend is being held on a $50,000 cash bond.

Dante Wilson appeared virtually in Rock County court Friday for his initial appearance.

According to online court records, the conditions of Wilson’s bond also require him to avoid contact with the victim’s family, not possess any weapons, and follow a 6 p.m. curfew if released from custody.

RELATED: Beloit teenager charged as adult in Labor Day weekend homicide

Wilson was charged as an adult in Rock County court on Thursday, just days after Beloit police arrested him at Beloit Memorial High School. The 15-year-old is facing charges of first-degree intentional homicide, possession of a firearm on school grounds and possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Police said their investigation into the deadly shooting started Friday, Sept. 3 when they got a report of shots fired near Bluff Street and Portland Avenue. Officers canvassed the area but didn’t find anyone injured at the time. Two days later, police got a call reporting a body had been found in between two houses near the area police had investigated the shots fired call.

Beloit police chief Andre Sayles said the victim, a 19-year-old, was likely killed Friday evening. The 19-year-old has not been identified by the medical examiner yet.

Wilson’s next court appearance is scheduled for Thursday Sept. 23 at 3 p.m.

News 3 Now decided to name Wilson because he has been charged as an adult.