Barn fire causes $75,000 in damage
TOWN OF CHRISTIANA, Wis. — An outside burn that got out of control appears to have sparked a barn fire in rural Dane County Thursday afternoon, according to the Cambridge Fire Chief.
Multiple crews responded to the fire around 3:05 p.m. in the 200 block of Rodney Road in the town of Christiana.
Metal was being moved from an old burn pit to a location near the barn, which is believed to have been the cause of the fire, according to a release.
The barn, the hay stored inside it and a grain picker are considered a total loss, with damages totaling around $75,000.
The Cambridge fire chief said no one was injured and no livestock were involved.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.