Barn fire causes $75,000 in damage

Barn fire causes $75,000 in damage

An outside burn that got out of control appears to have sparked a barn fire in rural Dane County Thursday afternoon, according to the Cambridge Fire Chief.

Multiple crews responded to the fire around 3:05 p.m. in the 200 block of Rodney Road in the town of Christiana.

Metal was being moved from an old burn pit to a location near the barn, which is believed to have been the cause of the fire, according to a release.

The barn, the hay stored inside it and a grain picker are considered a total loss, with damages totaling around $75,000.

The Cambridge fire chief said no one was injured and no livestock were involved.