Baby goats rescued, house total loss after windy day spreads garage fire in Clinton, officials say
CLINTON, Wis. — A Rock County home is a total loss after a garage fire spread to an entire house Wednesday, according to officials with the Clinton Fire Department.
Officials said the homeowners noticed the fire in the garage and immediately went to rescue two baby goats inside. The family was able to rescue their goats, but the hay and straw burst into flames, and they had to call 911.
When first repsonders arrived to the home in the 9220 block of Highway 140 in Clinton, there were flames and smoke coming from the attached garage and spreading to the roof of the house. Wind caused the fire to spread faster toward the home.
It took firefighters about 45 minutes to put out the fire. In the end, the home was considered a total loss. Fire crews estimate there was about $100,000 in damage. There were no injuries.
State traffic officials said Highway 140 was closed from Delco Drive to Lake Shore Road at 4:07 p.m. Wednesday. The road did not reopen until about three hours later.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.