Autopsy: Mother, Daughter electrocuted by faulty air conditioner

Autopsy: Mother, Daughter electrocuted by faulty air conditioner
Google Maps

A mother and her 9-year-old daughter were electrocuted and killed because of a faulty air conditioner at a motel last summer, WITN-TV reported.

An autopsy confirmed that Kendra Pittman, 30, and Siiyahh, 9, were killed Aug. 20 at the Economy Inn Hotel and Suites in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

It started when Pittman’s husband went to pay for the room and tell them the air conditioning wasn’t working, said the autopsy, which was released on Friday.

A motel clerk reset a breaker. As the father walked back to the room, he could hear the air conditioner and his 10-year-old son yelling, “Don’t touch the door, Mommy was shocked.”

The man kicked in the door and found his wife and daughter collapsed on the floor, WITN reported.

The boy said the mother touched the door handle to go outside and tell her husband that the air conditioning was working again. She then stiffened and became unresponsive. The boy was trying to awaken her when his sister also touched the door handle, the autopsy said.

Comments

comments