13 rushed to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning

13 rushed to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning

Thirteen people, including five children, were rushed to the hospital Sunday after becoming sickened by carbon monoxide when a charcoal grill was used inside a home.

It happened at N26765 Rainey Valley Road at about 4:30 p.m. Sunday. 

Dispatchers received a call about an unknown medical condition at a home in the Town of Arcadia late Sunday afternoon. First responders found seven adults and five children suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide. Some were unconscious.

Authorities say a police officer who responded was also overcome and was treated and released from a local hospital. Three helicopters and five ambulances were dispatched to the scene to transport the injured. Their conditions are not immediately known.

Authorities say it appears a charcoal grill was being used in the kitchen area to heat the home.

Comments

comments