10 residents displaced in Middleton apartment fire
Officials: Resident left stove on after he fell asleep
MIDDLETON, Wis. — A fire at an apartment complex in Middleton Tuesday night displaced at least 10 people from their homes.
The fire was reported just before 10 p.m. at a multi-unit apartment building at 2070 Allen Blvd in Middleton.
According to Middleton fire spokesperson Brad Subera, no one was injured in the blaze, and firefighters managed to save a cat from the fire.
However, Subera said one unit was heavily damaged, and much of the second floor of the complex suffered smoke damage.
Subera said the fire started after a resident planned to cook something on the stove, but changed his mind and fell asleep. However, he left the stove on, along with some storage items on top of the burner, which caught fire.
Fire officials hope to have a damage estimate later Wednesday.