13. Change you name on all professional licenses and other federal, state, and local licenses.

14. Notify your employer and their HR department, and work with them to make any necessary changes to any retirement/pension accounts.

15. Inform co-workers and those with whom you have a working relationship such as clients, customers and prospects.

16. Change email addresses (only if they reflect your old name). You may want to ask your employer set up an alias email address for a few months with your former name so that your emails don't get bounced.

17. Review online accounts for information that needs to be changed, such as your Facebook account, Twitter, Google+, etc.

18. Notify any place you have a membership (library, gyms, clubs, and affinity programs such as frequent hotel guest and frequent flyer programs, etc.)

19. Change legal documents such as wills, living wills, trusts and powers of attorney. (This may be a good time for you to review these documents with your attorney for other matters, such as beneficiaries, too.)

20. Change notifications/permissions for child(ren)'s doctors, and school(s) and other activities.

21. Notify the Department of Vital Statistics/Records (issuers of birth marriage and death certificates), if necessary. Most states do not require, and will not permit, this after a divorce but may or will permit it after a change for certain other reasons.

22. Change voting registration if you did not do this at the time you changed your driver's license.

23. Notify the Department of Veterans Affairs, if appropriate.

24. Notify your state public assistance office (Department of Human Services, Department of Children and Families, etc.) to change your name on your EBT card, to change your name in your state's Medicaid program, and to change your name in their records for other programs.

25. Change your name with any company in which you are an officer, LLC manager, or director. Make sure those companies change the state corporate records where you are an officer or director. Also, change the state records for any fictitious names you own.

26. Change your business cards and stationery.

27. If you are not a U.S. citizen but have a green card, notify USCIS (INS) and change name according to their procedure. There is a $450 non-refundable filing fee for filing USCIS Form I-90.

28. Change magazine and newspaper subscriptions.

29. Check with credit reporting agencies (TRW, TransUnion, Equifax) to make sure that you new name is reflected in their records.

30. Consider an announcement through social media or by mail or to friends and relatives.

Jonathan S. Gilbert is the president and CEO of the West Palm Beach, Fla., law firm Jonathan Gilbert, P.A. He is also mediator and a business consultant.