PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - High winds tipped over a semitrailer and damaged several campers and homes in Grant County Monday as storms rolled through the area, officials with Grant County Emergency Management said.
Steve Braun with emergency management said wind speeds were reported at 60-70 mph in the southern part of the county.
Those winds tipped over a semitrailer in the parking lot of the Walmart in Platteville, damaged campers at a campground in Potosi and damaged homes across the area.
Braun said the areas most affected by the storm were Cassville, Potosi, Dickeyville, Platteville and Cuba City.
There were no serious injuries reported as of 9 p.m., but emergency crews were investigating a report of two missing kayakers near Dickeyville.
- The Puerto Rican migration could shape Florida politics for years to come
- Head of Puerto Rico's electric power authority resigns
- Athens flash floods: 16 dead as rain wreaks havoc on Greek capital
- Storms to bring rain, snow to Northwest
- Ravaged by wildfire, a California neighborhood takes stock
- Hurricane-struck Americans spent nearly $300M at Home Depot