MADISON, Wis. - Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible later Wednesday into Wednesday night across southern Wisconsin.
News 3 meteorologist Haddie McLean said the storms will develop Wednesday afternoon in Iowa and track east through the evening. Large hail, damaging winds and isolated tornadoes will be possible, especially in far southwest Wisconsin.
The threat of severe weather will end by Thursday morning as the storm moves away from Wisconsin, but it will be breezy and cooler throughout the day.
- London police: Months away from final high-rise fire death toll
- Wednesday is Alert Day for southern Wisconsin
- Scientists predict volcanic eruptions with satellites, GPS
- Out West, blistering hot spell undercuts firefighters
- China landslide: Desperate search for survivors continues
- Wildfires blazing under extreme heat out West