MADISON, Wis. - A front moving through the area this evening will lead to showers and thunderstorms developing and moving through. Some of these thunderstorms will be strong or possibly severe, with high winds being the main threat.
The storm prediction center has placed parts of southern Wisconsin in a slight risk of severe weather for the rest of this evening.
The unusual heat and humidity currently in place will help fuel these storms and then will stick around through this coming weekend. Record highs are possible Thursday through Sunday with heat index values into the 90s each day.
- The Puerto Rican migration could shape Florida politics for years to come
- Head of Puerto Rico's electric power authority resigns
- Athens flash floods: 16 dead as rain wreaks havoc on Greek capital
- Storms to bring rain, snow to Northwest
- Ravaged by wildfire, a California neighborhood takes stock
- Hurricane-struck Americans spent nearly $300M at Home Depot