JANESVILLE, Wis. - The National Weather Service has issued a watch and a warning for high water on the Rock River this week.
A flood warning is in place for the Rock River at Newville. The river was about an inch short of flood stage at Newville Monday afternoon.
A flood watch was issued for the Rock River further south at Afton starting Wednesday morning. The river was at 8.5 feet Monday afternoon, and flood stage is 9 feet.
Slow-no-wake was declared on the Rock River in Rock County March 21.
- 4 dead as tornado hits Alabama community
- Deadly storms claim lives in Georgia
- Magnitude 7.9 quake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- More severe weather expected; 4 dead in Mississippi
- Italy avalanche: All known survivors pulled from rubble
- Tehran building collapse: Search continues for missing firefighters