JANESVILLE, Wis. - The National Weather Service has issued a watch and a warning for high water on the Rock River this week.
A flood warning is in place for the Rock River at Newville. The river was about an inch short of flood stage at Newville Monday afternoon.
A flood watch was issued for the Rock River further south at Afton starting Wednesday morning. The river was at 8.5 feet Monday afternoon, and flood stage is 9 feet.
Slow-no-wake was declared on the Rock River in Rock County March 21.
- 4 dead as tornado hits Alabama community
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Again, we just experienced the hottest year on record
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Rome's subway evacuated as powerful earthquakes rock Italy
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK