MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Marathon may be on the move to a different date on the calendar.
Keith Peterson with Madison Festivals Inc. said the marathon committee is considering moving the full marathon to November in 2013.
Peterson said he presented a report last week to event organizers about exploring moving the event to November. They're now researching options for the move.
The full marathon Ccommittee board will consider the changes at its meeting Aug. 15.
The race, which is normally held on Memorial Day weekend, had to be shortened in 2006 and 2010 due to high temperatures. The marathon was canceled completely this year, even though shorter races were held as scheduled.
Peterson said the 10K and half-marathon races would remain over the Memorial Day Weekend.
Peterson told WISC-TV the board would consider holding similar races to coincide with a possible November marathon.
- 4 dead as tornado hits Alabama community
- Tehran building collapse: Search continues for missing firefighters
- Italy avalanche: 6 people found alive in buried hotel
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Desperate search on for survivors after avalanche hits Italian hotel
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel