MADISON, Wis. - There is an enhanced risk for severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening, especially in areas west of Dane County.
A warm and somewhat humid air mass is in place Wednesday morning. As a storm system approaches from the west, scattered showers and thunderstorms will move into southern Wisconsin Wednesday afternoon. The strongest storms may produce large hail, damaging winds and a few tornadoes.
The severe threat should diminish late Wednesday evening, but scattered showers may linger into Thursday morning.
- The Puerto Rican migration could shape Florida politics for years to come
- Head of Puerto Rico's electric power authority resigns
- Athens flash floods: 16 dead as rain wreaks havoc on Greek capital
- Storms to bring rain, snow to Northwest
- Ravaged by wildfire, a California neighborhood takes stock
- Hurricane-struck Americans spent nearly $300M at Home Depot