GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Brown County medical examiner says the frigid weather is to blame for the death a 38-year-old man whose body was found on the driveway outside his home this week.
Medical examiner Al Klimek said an examination allowed authorities to rule out trauma or foul play in the death of Brian L. Hicks.
Authorities said temperatures were in the single digits about the time Hicks was found Monday morning. Klimek said he died as a result of hypothermia due to prolonged exposure with inadequate clothing.
Klimek said preliminary tests suggest alcohol was a factor. Further tests have been ordered, and the results are expected in about two weeks.
Authorities in Wisconsin and Illinois suspect the cold played a role in two other deaths.
- 4 dead as tornado hits Alabama community
- Weather forecast for Trump's inauguration looks gloomy
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Freezing rain causing icy roads, schools to close
- Ice storm glazes central US; sleet-slick roadways caused five fatalities
- Weekend ice storm glazes central US