TOWN OF KING, Wis. - Three people on two ATVs broke through the ice on a Lincoln County lake and had to be rescued.
When Tomahawk firefighters arrived they found a 64-year-old De Pere man treading water in Lake Alice and a 42-year-old De Pere man and his 13-year-old daughter stranded on thin ice Saturday.
Rescuers were able to reach the three by boat. WAOW-TV reported the man in the water was taken to a local hospital, then transferred by air to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. He was treated for hypothermia and later released. The other man and his daughter were not taken to the hospital.
- 4 dead as tornado hits Alabama community
- Georgia storms survivor: 'We were scared'
- Magnitude 7.9 quake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- More severe weather expected; 4 dead in Mississippi
- Italy avalanche: All known survivors pulled from rubble
- Tehran building collapse: Search continues for missing firefighters