Channel3000.com is a website designed to provide news and information for the community (the “Service”). Channel3000.com is brought to you by Television Wisconsin, Inc. ("WISC"), which is part of Morgan Murphy Media.
If you have any concerns regarding privacy, contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Membership in the Service and use of the Website is void where prohibited. Your use of the Website and the Service constitutes your representation and warranty that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and your agreement to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age and that your use of the Site shall not violate any applicable law or regulation. Any registration or use of the Website by anyone under 13 is prohibited. Your profile may be deleted without warning if it is found that you have misrepresented your age.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website, the Service, and/or are a Member. By using the Service or by becoming a Member, you acknowledge that WISC reserves the right to charge for the Service and has the right to terminate a Member's Membership should Member breach this Agreement or fail to pay for the Service, as required by this Agreement.
The Website (except for the “Classifieds” sections) is for the personal noncommercial use of Members and users only, and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your profile or email address. The Website may only be used in connection with those commercial endeavors that are specifically endorsed or approved by WISC’s management. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership. Appropriate legal action will be taken by WISC for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
2) Ownership of Website Content
Except as otherwise noted, the information and/or software within the Website and/or the Service (including, but not limited to, articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, and all such material collectively, the "Website Content") are the exclusive property of WISC or its licensors, other than content that you lawfully provide to the Website (“User Content”). All Website Content is copyrighted and protected by worldwide intellectual property laws and treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided herein, Website Content may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without WISC's prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, WISC grants no express or implied rights to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, or trade secret information. If you would like to reproduce or distribute any of the Website Content in any manner other than as described in this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on our website without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark. The following marks are the property of WISC: “Never Miss a Story,” “Keep it in Wisconsin,” “Going Green Wisconsin,” “Time for Kids,” WISC-TV, and Channel3000.com.
Single Copy License
You may download one (1) copy of the Website Content on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial internal use only. This is a limited license, not a transfer of title, and is subject to the following restrictions: you may not (a) modify the Website Content or use any Website Content for any commercial purpose, or any other public display, performance, sale, or rental; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble software Website Content; (c) remove any copyright notice or other proprietary notices from any Website Content; (d) transfer the Website Content to another person; (e) upload or republish Website Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or database or compilation. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Website Content. This license may be revoked at any time with or without cause or notice. Any use of the Website Content other than as provided in this license is prohibited, and the license shall terminate upon any such prohibited use.
License to WISC
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through the Service, you grant WISC a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to: (a) use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication, whether on the Website or on any other websites under WISC’s control; (b) sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted in subsection (a) with respect to the communication. The rights granted in this paragraph include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. This license will terminate at the time you remove such User Content from the Website.
Copyright and Designated Copyright Agent
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the owner’s prior written consent. Upon prompt notification to WISC by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent, WISC may terminate the membership of any Member who repeatedly infringes copyright.
We respect the copyright and other intellectual property rights of others, and we expect that users of our service will do the same. If you believe that copyright-infringing material is available on our site, please notify us immediately. Pursuant to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, we have designated an agent for receipt of such notices:
Chief Operating Officer
Morgan Murphy Media
7025 Raymond Road
Madison, WI 53719
phone: (608)271-4321 e-mail: email@example.com
Your notice should provide the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
3) Acceptable Use and Content
Visitors to the Website and Members are expected to adhere to the following acceptable use and content policies. Please choose carefully the information you post on the Website and that you provide to other Members. You agree that you are solely responsible for all Content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages and/or private messages and for your interactions with other Members. You agree to maintain the security of your account information and password at all times.
WISC may offer chat rooms, discussion forums, bulletin boards, and other similar services (collectively, "Interactive Services"). WISC does not control the User Content submitted to the Interactive Services. We provide the Interactive Services for the convenience of our Users, but expect that you will use them responsibly. As a result, you agree that you will use the Interactive Services only to send and receive content that is proper to the Interactive Services.
Specific Restrictions on Use of Associated Press Material
Content provided by the Associated Press, including information, data, text, photographs, graphics, audio and/or video material, shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium, and may not be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. The Associated Press will not be liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any such content, or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or for any damages arising there from.
Blogs and Commentaries
The opinions expressed on all blogs and commentaries are the personal opinions of the authors. Blogs and commentaries published here are not reviewed or approved by Morgan Murphy Media before they are posted and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Morgan Murphy Media and/or WISC.
WISC reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, User Content that:
- is patently offensive and/or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- contains nudity, or violence;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- contains or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protection, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains encrypted, password-only or otherwise restricted access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- contains material that you do not have the right to transmit under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.