MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin isn't about to apologize.
Yes, the Badgers are stumbling into the Big Ten title game after a 21-14 overtime loss to No. 4 Ohio State on Saturday. Currently third in the Leaders Division, they've basically been gifted a shot at playing for the Rose Bowl because the Buckeyes and Penn State, the two teams ahead of them, are ineligible for the postseason because of NCAA violations.
But it's not as if that's their doing.
"We don't control that," quarterback Curt Phillips said. "We just have to make the most of this opportunity."
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job