GRAPEVINE, TX - The undefeated Wisconsin Badger football team is ninth in the first College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday night.
Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Clemson are the top four teams in week one.
Oklahoma and Ohio State were the next two in the selection committee's initial top 25.
Penn State is eighth.
The final rankings that will determine the participants in the College Football Playoff semifinals come out Dec. 3.
Over the first three seasons of the playoff, a total of five teams have been ranked in the top four of the initial ranking and gone on to reach the semifinals:
Florida State (which was second) in 2014; Clemson (first) and Alabama (fourth) in 2015; and Alabama (first) and Clemson (second) in 2016.
- Vikings beat Lions to extend win streak to seven
- Winter jubilee to start soon at Titletown District near Lambeau Field
- Trump calls LaVar Ball an 'ungrateful fool'
- Tennessee dismisses Jauan Jennings from team after tirade
- Chip Kelly mulls Florida, UCLA jobs
- 49ers stick with C.J. Beathard at QB to face Seahawks