WHITEWATER - UW Whitewater was eliminated from the NCAA Division Three baseball regional Friday in a 3-2, 10 inning loss to St. Scholastica at Prucha Field in Whitewater.
Whitewater trailed 2-1 in the sixth, but J.T. Schneider's RBI single tied the game and eventually sent it to extra innings.
In the tenth, St. Scholastica had runners on first and third. Parker Olson hit a ball to shallow left field that Schneider made a diving catch for the out. But pinch runner Jesse Heaton was able to tag from third and score the game winning run.
Whitewater finished the season with a 35-9 record, the sixth highest win total in school history.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61