WHITEWATER, Wis. - The UW-Whitewater women's bowling team will compete in the NCAA Women's championship in Canton, Mich., this weekend.
It's the first time in school history the Warhawks will participate in the national championship.
Bowling in the NCAA does not have divisions, so Whitewater will face Central Missouri, Maryland-Eastern Shore, Nebraska, Arkansas State, Vanderbilt, Sam Houston State and Farleigh Dickinson in the tournament.
Whitewater is the only Division 3 team to qualify.
Maryland Eastern-Shore has won the previous two NCAA women's bowling championships.VIDEO: Whitewater women's bowling heads to nationals
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job